We’re excited to share the first episode of Into The Current, the podcast where we talk to business leaders about trends in Marketing, Business, Culture, and Conservation. And who better to be our first guest than someone who clearly understands the impact all this has success in business and life. Mars has always looked into the current for new opportunities and ways to evolve his business and craft. In the 90’s he seized the opportunity to be Outkast’s original tour DJ. He parlayed that into tour gigs with other hip hop and R&B stars like Usher, Monica, Kelis, Ne-Yo, Ciara, and Keri Hilson.
Mars published the documentary-style, non-fiction book “The Art Behind The Tape” in 2014, chronicling the origins and rise of mix tapes that fueled the power and popularity of hip hop music and DJ culture. Anybody who grew up in the 80’s knows the power of the cassette tape, and Mars is one of the people who knows it best.
He’s continued to evolve, and these days you can catch Mars rockin’ Facebook and Instagram Live sets daily from his house in the Inman Park neighborhood of Atlanta.
- How & Why DJs are helping the world get through the COVID-19 pandemic
- Michelle Obama tuned into D-Nice’s Club Quarantine, Mars had another iconic lady tuning into to his daily sessions
- The impact of social media on the evolution of DJing before during and after COVID-19
- How brands can partner with DJs to leverage music and technology for consumer engagement
- COVID-19 further proves content is king
- Can A.I. ever replace the DJ?
- What keeps Mars up at night
- What business advice Mars would give his younger self if he could
- And more
GO DEEPER @
@djmars404 on Instagram
@Mars Hall on Facebook